2014 Mobile Device Usage Study - Walls & Ceilings
Why Order this Report?
Mobile devices are ubiquitous and so it is no surprise that they have followed contractors into work-related tasks. Understanding which tasks are mobile-enabled, as well as what contractors like and dislike about their mobile devices, can help planners and developers adjust for this trend. Operating system and upgrade frequency are also examined.
Who Should Read this Report?
Vice presidents, Directors and Managers of Construction, Planning, Sales, Project Management, and Operations in the construction industry, including those who provide tools, training, equipment, and mobile devices to the industry.
Objectives of this research are to determine:
- Types of mobile devices used for work by contractors
- How mobile devices are used to complete work-related tasks
- Benefits derived from mobile devices
- Issues with mobile devices for work
- 188 online surveys were completed with active, qualified, domestic subscribers to Walls & Ceilings whose company is a wall, framing/ceiling contracting firm or other contracting firm who use a mobile device for work.
- Data collected September 29 – October 10, 2014